Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Italy

Okay, I know I have a lot to write about Germany, but that will wait till I get back there. This is not going to be a complete post about Italy, but it will be a start, and the pictures will be added in a few days when I get back...

Castiglioncello
Getting there wasn't much of a problem, although it took a while. I trained from Forchheim to Frankfurt, then took a bus to the Frankfurt Hahn airport where Ryanair flys out of. Slept the night in the airport, but had the company of some Californians who were also flying to London the next morning. Yes, London. It was cheaper to fly to London then to Pisa then to go straight there. So anyway, we fly to London and onto Pisa, and 2 train rides later, I'm in Castiglioncello, a small village on the coast of the Mediterranean Sea, and Carly is waiting for me. She showed me some of the town, dropped my stuff off in her room and then I relaxed while she was in dance class. After class, we went around and eventually made it out to dinner at some place she hadn't been yet. Good food, good wine, and good company (we had dinner with her roommates Kara and Teresita). Went out to an open air bar down the street after that, and had a few more drinks. I went home at some point (1 am I think) since I was tired from all the traveling, and illegally slept at Carly's place. The next day, Carly and I spent some time on the beach before she had class, and I did the internet thing for a while. I got my train ticket back to Pisa, where I had a hostel that night, and checked the timetable for the trains going that way. Unfortunately, when I showed up for the second to last train, it did not come...and neither did the last one. So I wandered around for a while, stopped back at Carly's but didn't stay since it would have gotten her and the roommates in trouble, and spent the night on the shore of the Mediterranean, which I enjoyed. Caught the first train in the morning that took me to...
Pisa
Pisa apparently doesn't have too much to offer, except a tower that has been falling over for a long long time and a pretty church next door. So I looked around for a few hours and then got back on the train to goto Florence, where I would be staying the night. This is all the time I have for now, so it will have to do. Florence and more in the next post!




No comments: